Guest Service Requirement
Our philosophy at Boomtown Casino is to proudly deliver a quality customer experience in a fun and friendly atmosphere, while working together to provide our team members with personal and professional growth opportunities. Because of this philosophy, it is critical that all team members understand the importance of excellent guest service. All of our positions, whether corporate, back of house, management, or front of house require a friendly persona and a willingness to interact and provide fun, professional and friendly guest service. Guests are not our only customers; fellow team members are our internal customers as well. By joining the Boomtown team, you are committing yourself to these values and acknowledging your dedication to providing excellent guest service for our guests and our internal team, at all times.
Safety is a core value at Boomtown Casino. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement of every position. Each Team Member is also expected to be committed to the safety of fellow Team Members and our guests and demonstrate that commitment through daily actions.
Provide friendly, courteous and efficient service to guests and, through teamwork with other employees, ensure prompt response to all guests’ needs. Provide cashiering and slot machine services for patrons of the casino. Provide transaction verification, assistance and oversight to Floor Supervisors and Slot Attendants to ensure excellent guest service and full compliance with Ameristar Casino, Inc. policies, internal controls and State Gaming Commission regulations at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains a positive attitude at all times, supporting the policies of Senior Management of the Casino as well as Senior Management of Pinnacle Entertainment.
• Adhere to established department and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards.
• Must maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential information disclosed by an Ameristar entity.
• Coach, monitor, and develop team members for improved performance.
• Issuing timely performance evaluations on subordinates and offering developmental guidelines and resources to achieve goals.
• Comply with all Company and departmental policies, procedures and internal controls.
• Through teamwork with Slot Attendants and Floor Supervisors ensure good guest service and prompt response to guests’ needs at all times.
• Assure that the slot machines are operating properly and that jackpot payoffs and fills are executed according to company policy.
• Verify and authorize slot fills up to and including $5000.00. Verify and authorize jackpot payouts up to $5,000.00.
• Support and assist Slot Attendants and Floor Supervisors on the Casino Floor.
• General monitoring of job performance of Floor Supervisors and Slot Attendants.
• Assist casino patrons with general questions concerning the Casino.
• Respond to change lights on slot machines and assist customers needing change or other assistance.
• Perform minor slot machine repairs not requiring a Slot Technician.
• All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent guest service skills.
• Ability to count money and make change.
• Basic math skills.
• Supervisory skills.
• General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is a plus.
Required Natural Behaviors
• Must be able to stand for a minimum eight (8) hour shift.
• Locations on casino floor are noisy and smoky.
• Will also encounter intoxicated guests frequently.
• Provide representation of department in specific project and company meetings.
Required Education and Work Experience
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• One year slot experience or prior slot experience.
Boomtown Bossier City, located approximately three hours east of the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area, opened in 1996. The property features a 30,000-square-foot casino with more than 1,000 slot machines and 28 table games including high limit slots and tables. Offering approximately 1,800 parking spaces, the resort also features a 187-guestroom hotel with pool, three signature restaurant options and approximately 1,500-square-feet of meeting and conference space.
Boomtown Casino & Hotel Bossier City
300 Riverside Drive
Bossier City, Louisiana 71111