Guest Service Requirement
Our philosophy at Boomtown Casino is to proudly deliver a quality customer experience in a fun and friendly atmosphere, while working together to provide our team members with personal and professional growth opportunities. Because of this philosophy, it is critical that all team members understand the importance of excellent guest service. All of our positions, whether corporate, back of house, management, or front of house require a friendly persona and a willingness to interact and provide fun, professional and friendly guest service. Guests are not our only customers; fellow team members are our internal customers as well. By joining the Boomtown team, you are committing yourself to these values and acknowledging your dedication to providing excellent guest service for our guests and our internal team, at all times.
Safety is a core value at Boomtown Casino. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement of every position. Each Team Member is also expected to be committed to the safety of fellow Team Members and our guests and demonstrate that commitment through daily actions.
Responsible for various assigned work stations within the kitchen, which include, but not limited to, working with equipment such as, knives, steamers, sauté station, frying, ovens, braise, steam kettle, char broiler, griddle, rotisserie, smokers, woks, slicers, food processors, etc…. The Assistant Cook will artfully prepare wholesome foods as directed either verbally or by reading order tickets or banquet event orders in accordance with the company standard recipes and presentation techniques, while maintaining all applicable state sanitation rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
• Deliver internal and external guest service the Pinnacle Way. Always exhibit a friendly and approachable demeanor. Be polite and courteous when speaking with guests and team members. Look for and act upon opportunities to assist guests and team members. Be sincere and genuine during all interactions. Be prepared with the knowledge and skill required to be responsive to guests’ and team members’ needs and questions.
• Responsible for learning and being familiar with all of Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc.’s room outlets, and for being able to answer general questions regarding the property.
• If working with the public anticipate the guests’ needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.
• Read food orders from computer printouts, and prepare food items, according to established menu plans.
• Prepare all food items according to standard recipes and menu to ensure consistency of products to the guests.
• Wash, slice, peel and/or cut various foods to prepare for cooking or serving.
• Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling or piercing them with utensils.
• Ensure work procedures, quality standards and menu specifications are adhered to.
• In an open kitchen, guest interaction is a must. Engage the guest each time they come to your area. Explain product, ask questions and build positive relationships with the guests.
• Coordinate and communicate on orders with dining room staff.
• Prepare all food items accurately in a timely manner.
• Complete all assigned prep items as written on prep sheet.
• Use and maintain all assigned areas and equipment in a sanitary, safe and effective manner.
• Observe and enforce Health Department regulations regarding food handling, storage, proper steam table temperature, and cleanliness of work environment. Responsible of having a full knowledge of the MSDS program.
• Consistent attendance at company/restaurant training programs as they are scheduled.
• Complete opening, closing and other side duties as assigned by the supervisors.
• Be in constant communication with Cook, Lead Cook and Sous Chefs.
• Pass all tests given including the training in order to retain the knowledge needed to be an effective team member.
• Maintain a well-groomed, neat and clean appearance.
• Possess the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
• Possess the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
• Perform all job functions in conjunction with the guidelines described in the Standard Operating Procedures manual to ensure consistent execution of company and department standards.
• All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Possession of and ability to obtain and maintain a valid ID within assigned state of employment and other jurisdictions
• Require reading and math skills for recipes and measurements
• Must successfully pass background check
• Must successfully pass an alcohol and drug screening Must be at least 18 years of age
• Demonstrated ability to prepare a wide variety of food items, to standard, in a high-volume, fast-paced operation.
• Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the application of sanitation procedures.
• Must have excellent guest service skills
• Must have working knowledge of food storage, knife handling and sharpening, weights & measures, stocks, soups and sauces, plate presentations, recipes and yields, Health department regulations, sanitation and safety regulations
• Uses appropriate language when engaging guests and co-workers in conversation, communicating clearly and courteously, provides continued service to all guests
• Determines the nature of guest concerns and takes appropriate action to resolve general concerns, obtaining assistance from the proper personnel, as necessary.
Required Natural Behaviors
• Must be able to stand for a minimum eight (8) hour shift.
• Locations on casino floor are noisy and smoky.
• Will also encounter intoxicated guests frequently.
• Provide representation of department in specific project and company meetings.
Required Education and Work Experience
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
• At least six (6) months experience directly related to the accountabilities specified.
Boomtown Bossier City, located approximately three hours east of the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area, opened in 1996. The property features a 30,000-square-foot casino with more than 1,000 slot machines and 28 table games including high limit slots and tables. Offering approximately 1,800 parking spaces, the resort also features a 187-guestroom hotel with pool, three signature restaurant options and approximately 1,500-square-feet of meeting and conference space.
Boomtown Casino & Hotel Bossier City
300 Riverside Drive
Bossier City, Louisiana 71111