Provides outstanding support services to all members of the Hotel & Sales Team via correspondence, file management and record-keeping.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Computer skills required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint preferred.
• Typing/Keyboarding at 50 WPM preferred.
• Must have the ability to lift/move up to 20 pounds and possess the mobility and dexterity required to meet the demands incumbent to this position.
• Must be able to work within a smoke-filled environment.
Required Natural Behaviors:
• Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service skills.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Required Education and Work Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 1 year secretarial experience preferred.
Ameristar East Chicago is known for its high-quality guest service, superior dining and luxurious hotel rooms, which won a certificate of excellence from Trip Advisor in 2017. Located just 25 miles from downtown Chicago and conveniently located only minutes away from major interstates, this property has one of the largest selections of games in northwest Indiana.
Ameristar East Chicago
777 Ameristar Blvd.
East Chicago, IN 46312