When we say “BE THE BEST YOU here at L’Auberge Lake Charles, we live it every day. What could be better than providing entertainment and excitement as a career. We’re looking for individuals who are committed to not only excelling in their profession, but also in having fun and enjoying what they do.
Be part of the team that prepares and serves the delicious meals for our world-class restaurants. Show us your culinary skills, train to sharpen them or deliver these delicacies to our guests with style and grace.
The Specialty Chef - Asia is responsible for providing superior service to both the internal and external customer. The Specialty Chef - Asia is also responsible for the preparation and presentation of all sushi items as called for by the menu, and for assisting the Sous Chef in the efficient operation of the kitchen and of assigned personnel.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
1. Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
2. Assists all stations and respective lines as necessary.
3. Trains personnel to prepare sushi foods according to Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc.’s standards.
4. Ensures that items are fully stocked and equipment is in good working condition.
5. Ensures the proper storing of any leftover foods.
6. Ensures the proper closing down of work stations.
7. Communicates effectively with "front-of-the-house" staff.
8. Ensures cleanliness of working area; reports all equipment for safety failures, hazardous areas and accidents.
This position operates in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of heat and noise.
At times subjected to hazards, such as wet floors, and dangers associated with the use of heavy duty cutlery, knives and choppers.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through five years of progressive cooking experience, with a minimum of three years’ experience in a dinner house, and/or through the completion of a Culinary Arts Degree or recognized apprenticeship and one-year dinner house cooking experience. At least one year previous Sushi preparation and cooking experience required.
All offers of employment are contingent until clear, timely results from the following have been approved:
L’Auberge Casino Resort is located two hours from the Houston metropolitan area. This premier facility is ideal for the business traveler or guest looking for the ultimate in hospitality and dining experiences, plus non-stop gaming action. The property includes a 26-story hotel complex; an 18-hole golf course designed by Tom Fazio; 26,000 gross square feet of meeting space, including a full-service business center and landscaped terrace space plus outdoor poolside lawn and beach; two resort swimming pools, lazy river and private cabana courtyard; full-service salon, spa and cardio fitness center; unique retail stores; ten innovative dining outlets; and top-name entertainment. And the expansive 70,000 square foot casino features Vegas-like gambling action.
L'Auberge Casino & Hotel
777 Avenue L'Auberge
Lake Charles, LA 70601