L’Auberge Casino Resort is located two hours from the Houston metropolitan area. This premier facility is ideal for the business traveler or guest looking for the ultimate in hospitality and dining experiences, plus non-stop gaming action. The property includes a 26-story hotel complex; an 18-hole golf course designed by Tom Fazio; 26,000 gross square feet of meeting space, including a full-service business center and landscaped terrace space plus outdoor poolside lawn and beach; two resort swimming pools, lazy river and private cabana courtyard; full-service salon, spa and cardio fitness center; unique retail stores; ten innovative dining outlets; and top-name entertainment. And the expansive 70,000 square foot casino features Vegas-like gambling action.
L'Auberge Casino & Hotel
777 Avenue L'Auberge
Lake Charles, LA 70601
When we say “BE THE BEST YOU here at L’Auberge Lake Charles, we live it every day. What could be better than providing entertainment and excitement as a career? We’re looking for individuals who are committed to not only excelling in their profession, but also in having fun and enjoying what they do.
Provide guests with not only valuable welcoming and retail services, but also their first impression of us. Possess the skills and attitude to make certain of a lasting impression.
As a Barber you are responsible for providing superior service to both the internal and external customer and any and all services provided to guests as a licensed hair stylist. The Barber is also responsible for greeting customers, assisting with cash register transactions, stocking hair products, maintaining a clean environment and assisting guests with their needs.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
1. Provides barber shop services to customers and superior customer service, positively effects interactions with customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with co-workers.
2. Shampoos hair and scalp with water, shampoo, dry powder, and rinses hair with prepared rinses.
3. Massages scalp and gives other hair and scalp-conditioning treatments for hygienic or remedial purposes.
4. Specializes in cutting hair according to latest style, period, or character portrayal, following instructions of customer. Styles hair by blowing, cutting, trimming, and tapering, using clippers, scissors, razors, and blowing-wave gun.
5. Suggests coiffure according to physical features of customer and current styles, or determines coiffure from instructions of customer.
6. Sets hair by blow-dry or natural-set.
7. Ensures that area is clean and stocked at all times.
8. Responsible for assisting other areas of the barber shop as needed.
9. Must consistently provide maximum guest service to all guests, answer customer inquiries and tend to their requests.
10. Must keep current on all certifications that are required to perform your job and stays informed with all of the latest techniques and types of hair services for this area.
11. Operates cash register and handles money as needed.
12. Answer phones and schedule appointments.
13. Facilitates retail sales, including customer assistance and follow up.
• Ability to use the implements associated with the position, including scissors, thinning scissors, blow-dryers, styling combs & brushes, cash register, credit card machines, computer and keyboard.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and all levels of employees.
• Ability to inspect and maintain areas for which responsible, as well as, ability to distinguish between different denominations of currency and make change.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently move around work area.
• Ability to work long shifts and perform services back to back.
This position requires physical mobility, including, but not limited to, lifting, carrying and pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds. These actions are required in order to clean, maintain and stock merchandise.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Must have license from the State Board of Barber Examiners.
• Two years’ prior barber shop experience preferred.
• Basic math skills.
• Effective verbal communication and customer service skills.
• Prior money-handling experience helpful.
• These skills are typically acquired through the completion of a high school degree or equivalent, and licensed barber school, as well as through two years’ prior barber shop experience.
All offers of employment are contingent until clear, timely results from the following have been approved:
• Drug Test
• Criminal Background Investigation
• Employment Verification
• Education Verification
• Motor Vehicle Records, if applicable (for applicable positions that drive company vehicles)