Boomtown Bossier City, located approximately three hours east of the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area, opened in 1996. The property features a 30,000-square-foot casino with more than 1,000 slot machines and 28 table games including high limit slots and tables. Offering approximately 1,800 parking spaces, the resort also features a 187-guestroom hotel with pool, three signature restaurant options and approximately 1,500-square-feet of meeting and conference space.
Boomtown Casino & Hotel Bossier City
300 Riverside Drive
Bossier City, Louisiana 71111
The incumbent in this position is responsible for creating a superior guest experience for Boomtown’s guests, acts as an ambassador for Boomtown by providing assistance for promotional activities such as collateral distribution, coupon redemption, and conveying information to patrons. This is to ensure guests receive extraordinary guest service and operations run smoothly.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with external and internal customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with co-workers.
2. Distribute property information, answer questions concerning up coming events and the property in general.
3. Assists in marketing casino promotional activities.
4. Maintains courteous and outgoing attitude with both in-house and public contacts.
5. Circulates the casino floor, property or event area approaching and greeting guests, answering questions and directing guests to appropriate venues to ensure guests feel welcome and their needs are being met.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Ability to effectively communicate with customers and all levels of employees.
Ability to stand throughout an eight-hour shift.
Ability to effectively and efficiently move around work area.
Must be able to review and comprehend all relevant written information.
Ability to travel to events which are not on the casino property.
This position is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume and event.
Excellent guest service skills.
Good written and verbal communication skills; legible handwriting.
Basic mathematical skills.
Pleasant phone manner.
The skills and abilities necessary for effective performance within this position are acquired through two months on-the-job training or through related experience to group functions with a high volume of guests.