L’Auberge Casino Resort is located two hours from the Houston metropolitan area. This premier facility is ideal for the business traveler or guest looking for the ultimate in hospitality and dining experiences, plus non-stop gaming action. The property includes a 26-story hotel complex; an 18-hole golf course designed by Tom Fazio; 26,000 gross square feet of meeting space, including a full-service business center and landscaped terrace space plus outdoor poolside lawn and beach; two resort swimming pools, lazy river and private cabana courtyard; full-service salon, spa and cardio fitness center; unique retail stores; ten innovative dining outlets; and top-name entertainment. And the expansive 70,000 square foot casino features Vegas-like gambling action.
L'Auberge Casino & Hotel
777 Avenue L'Auberge
Lake Charles, LA 70601
When we say “BE THE BEST YOU here at L’Auberge Lake Charles, we live it every day. What could be better than providing entertainment and excitement as a career? We’re looking for individuals who are committed to not only excelling in their profession, but also in having fun and enjoying what they do.
Be part of the team that prepares and serves the delicious meals for our world-class restaurants. Show us your culinary skills, train to sharpen them or deliver these delicacies to our guests with style and grace.
The Banquet Cook is responsible for providing superior service to both the internal and external customer. The Banquet Cook is also responsible for properly preparing any and all foods listed on the respective menus that are to be grilled, fried, broiled or prepared in the pantry and banquet kitchen.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
1. Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
2. Prepares foods that are to be grilled, fried, broiled or prepared in the pantry; ensures that all plates served are aesthetically appealing and cooked to the specifications of the customer.
3. Recognizes a variety of sauces and properly places them on all entrees featured on daily menus.
4. Keeps work station neat and clean.
5. Assists coworkers to ensure efficient operation of the line.
These skills are typically acquired through a minimum of one-year prior experience as a cook trainee or coffee shop line cook, and/or through the completion of a degree in culinary arts or recognized apprenticeship.
Banquet experience preferred.
All offers of employment are contingent until clear, timely results from the following have been approved: